In Capital IQ – People Intelligence, you can find compensation data for non-American companies. You can find this database in WRDS, under CompuStat. People Intelligence consists of three datasets:
- Compensation Detail – for example the excercise price of options received
- Compensation Summary – with salary, bonus, total cash compensation, exercisable options etc.
- Professional – information about the person, like the function start and end day.
The data is collected from a variety of sources, like SEC-filings, newswires, company websites and surveys. For non-US and non-Canadian companies, the sources are less structured in comparison to the USA and Canada, so it’s possible your company is not in the database or that information is incomplete.
- You can upload GVKeys, ISIN and CIK codes of the companies – but unfortunately you can only add GVKey to your output. You can upload GVKeys to Compustat Global and add ISIN’s to your dataset
- You can use 9-digit CUSIP codes as well.
- The output is based on persons, so you can get multiple rows per year per company for the compensation databases
- The currencies are shown as numbers. The help file doesn’t include a list of which number refers to which currency. However, you can find the currency in this file: currency code (in this file you can also find the country codes).