The EDSC offers three databases to get annual report data: Worldscope, Compustat and Orbis. Apart from the way to get data, the five most important differences are:
- Access: Getting data from Worldscope is only possible at the Datateam pc’s in the Y03-17. Compustat and Orbis are accessible via from home.
- History: Compustat NA has data started from 1950, Compustat Global from 1987. Worldscope contains data from 1980 onwards. Orbis from the end of the 90’s.
- Identifiers: to get data from financial databases like Compustat identifiers are needed, CUSIP (9 digits) or Tickers for NA and ISIN and SEDOL for Compustat Global. In Worldscope one can use ISIN-, SEDOL- or DS-codes, in Orbis you need BvD, ISIN or tickers to retrieve the data.
- Updates: Compustat is being updated once a year, Worldscope and Orbis has daily updates.
- ThomsonOne (single company)
- ThomsonOne (list of companies)
- Worldscope (via Datastream)
- Compustat (North America)
- Compustat (Global)